Ballet Zurich is looking for Junior Ballet members for the 2024/25 Season.
The Zurich Ballet is the largest ballet company in Switzerland and enjoys a high international reputation. Based in the Zurich Opera House, the main company consists of 36 dancers and 14 members of the Junior Ballet. Since August 2023, Ballet Zurich has had a new management: artistic director and chief choreographer Cathy Marston. In this new chapter, diverse stories and perspectives will unfold through Marston’s signature work: The Action Ballet. Important choreographic signatures and voices of the past are complemented by innovative and imaginative creations from some of the world’s finest choreographers.
Ballet Zurich is committed to the positive values of diversity, promotes equality and opposes discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from all ethnic backgrounds and genders.
- Age range: 17-22 years old
- A strong classical technique and the ability to dance a diverse repertoire including classical, neoclassical and contemporary.
- The company’s artists are viewed as creative collaborators and should be open and versatile in terms of dance styles and creative processes. You should be a team player.
- Cathy Marston’s work will form the core of the repertoire. Your passion for narrative dance should be reflected in the applicants’ own artistic interests.
- Dancers who identify as female should have good pointe dance technique. Non-binary dancers who wish to be considered for elite repertoire should demonstrate their technical skills in this area.