Ballett Zürich is the largest ballet company in Switzerland with high international reputation. Based at Opernhaus Zürich, the main company consists of 36 dancers plus 14 members of the Junior Ballett.
From August 2023 on, Ballett Zürich will have new leadership: Artistic Director and Chief-Choreographer Cathy Marston. In this new chapter, different stories and perspectives will unfold through Marston’s signature work: Narrative ballets. Important choreographic signatures and voices of the past will be complimented by innovative and imaginative creations from some of the world’s best ballet and contemporary choreographers.For the season 2023/24 under the new artistic directorship of Cathy Marston, Ballett Zürich is looking for Principal/Soloist & Ensemble dancers and Junior Ballet Members (m/f/d).
- A strong classical technique and be able to perform a variety of repertoire including classical, neo-classical and contemporary.
- Artists of the company are considered creative collaborators and should be open and versatile in terms of dance styles and creative processes.
- They should be team players.
- The work of Cathy Marston will anchor the repertoire. Her passion for narrative dance should be reflected in the applicants’ own artistic interests
- Ballett Zürich is committed to the positive values of diversity, promotes equality and opposes discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from all ethnic backgrounds and genders. Dancers identifying as female should have strong pointe work technique. Non-binary dancers who wish to be considered for pointe repertoire should demonstrate their technical ability in this area.
- The auditions are open to candidates over 21 years for the main company and over 17 years for the Junior Ballett.