Seeking Equity chorus dancers (Male and Female characters) for Beautiful The Carole King Musical. Performers of all backgrounds, abilities, and identities are encouraged to audition.
Arts Center of Coastal Carolina (Hilton Head Island, SC)
Dan Gibson: Musical Director
Expected to attend:
Richard Feldman: Vice President & General Manager
Tara Jeanne Vallee: Director & Choreographer
Jennifer Peacock: Associate Musical Director
1st Rehearsal: April 1, 2024
Preview: April 24, 2024
Open: April 26, 2024
Close: May 26, 2024
5-6 Performances per week Wednesday - Sunday
$638 weekly minimum (SPT 7)
All Actors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Pursuant to current Equity guidelines, proof of full vaccination no later than two weeks prior to in-person work is a required condition of employment.
- THE SHIRELLES/ENSEMBLE: Female Identifying, 20s-30s. Charismatic singers/movers who double as multiple characters. LUCILLE – Don’s tough as nails secretary. SHIRLEY – a Shirelle who sings lead on “Will You Love Me Tomorrow”. LITTLE EVA – Carole’s babysitter, turned singing sensation of “The Locomotion”. JANELLE WOODS – a gorgeous singer who sings lead on “One Fine Day”. Extremely strong singers and movers.
- THE DRIFTERS/ENSEMBLE: Male Identifying, 20s-30s. Charismatic singers/movers who double as various roles, including THE DRIFTERS, who are featured in songs including “On Broadway”, “Up on the Roof” and “Some Kind of Wonderful”. Extremely strong singers and movers. High tenors & high baritones.
- NICK/LOW RIGHTEOUS BROTHER/ENSEMBLE: Male Identifying, 20s-30s. A strong singer who will double as multiple roles. NICK – an attractive, friendly guitarist at the Bitter End. LOW RIGHTEOUS BROTHER (Bill Medley) – acts as half of the Righteous Brothers duo who sing “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling” & others. An excellent singer with low baritone/ bass notes. This role understudies GERRY GOFFIN.
- LOU ADLER/HIGH RIGHTEOUS BROTHER/ENSEMBLE: Male Identifying, 20s-30s. A strong singer who will double as multiple roles. LOU ADLER – a genius music producer. HIGH RIGHTEOUS BROTHER (Bobby Hatfield) – acts as half of the Righteous Brothers duo who sing “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling” & others. High pop/rock tenor. This role understudies BARRY MANN.
- MARILYN/ENSEMBLE: Female Identifying, 20s-30s. A strong singer, MARILYN – a gorgeous singer with a great voice & others. Soprano/Belt.
- BETTY/ENSEMBLE: Female Identifying, 20s-30s. An extremely strong singer, BETTY – Carole’s appealing, perky best friend in high school. Mezzo/Soprano belt.