We are currently seeking dancers for all positions in the ballet company (principals, soloists, corps members) for our 2021-2022 ballet season. Our season begins October 1, 2021 and runs 25–28 weeks, concluding on April 17, 2022.
In addition to salary, dancers will have the opportunity to dance in 4 to 5 major productions per season ranging from classical to contemporary repertoire.
Columbia City Ballet is also a touring company, with all productions touring to various cities in the southeast. Additional benefits are:
- Access to Medical Team, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, and Counselors
- In addition to company classes, free classes in the school from the Artistic Director and access to entire Artistic Staff
- Rehearsals end at 3:30, so you have the opportunity to augment your training or get additional part-time work
- Pointe shoes and all dance shoes provided
- All lodging and food provided while on-tour
- Guest choreographers
- Choreographic opportunities available
- Extensive performing opportunities
Main Stage Productions
Dracula: Ballet with a Bite
- Swan Lake
- Off the Wall and Onto the Stage: Dancing the Art of Jonathan Green
- Motown Ballet
- Body and Movement Explored
- Main Stage Series
- Jack Frost
- Off the Wall Kids for Kids
- We are actively pursuing male dancers that are 5’11” or taller and female dancers between 5’1 and 5’6.
- The company repertoire is classically focused, therefore all-female artists must have strong pointe work.
- All dancers must be a citizen of the United States or already have a working visa to audition.