For the upcoming production “HORTEN.” by DAGADA dance, Karolin Stächele (artistic director / choreographer) is looking for 4 contemporary dancers with high skills in improvisation and partnering/acrobatics.
The cross-genre performance is dedicated to the theme of hoarding, the holding on to what has been acquired, including “phantom ownership” as a culturally implemented continuation of feudal power relations (cf. Eva von Redecker). A continuing “imperial lifestyle” of the global North has long been showing dystopian side effects that are known worldwide, but the fear of having to give up something in the face of necessary transformations, of losing status, is so great that people would rather accept the end of the world than finally abolish capitalism.
With “HORTEN.”, DAGADA dance wants to make a lasting contribution to raising awareness and taking the first common steps towards transformation. At the centre of the production with 5 contemporary dancers is a stage object that is unbalanced in itself as the starting point for a physically powerful dance confrontation about wealth, property and justice.
Our creative process will consist of each day guided warming up sessions by the choreographer, a lot of improvising, setting material, having many conceptual discussions, engagements with local communities of non-professional dancers and experts from our cooperation partner Käte Hamburger Centre for Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic Studies (Uni Heidelberg).
Oct 30-Nov 18, 2023 (Freiburg im Breisgau)
Jan 15-Feb 8, 2024 (Freiburg im Breisgau)
Confirmed performance dates: Feb 9., 10., 15., 16. & 17, 2024 (E-WERK Freiburg)
Further performance dates are still to be negotiated with the selected cast.
It is a paid job with coverage of travel and accommodation costs during the production period (based on the lower fee limit recommendation of the federal government).
- highly qualified contemporary dancers with additional skills in partnering and acrobatics
- experience in improvisational and theatrical work (high level of emotional expression and connection to own inner landscape as a performer on stage)
- used to strong physical work, endurance
- skilled at counting music
- experience in team working processes
- must be fully available for all dates mentioned.
- must be professional freelancers with an existing German tax number that allows them to write invoices, KSK members, based living and working in Germany with a valid German working permit from the audition date till, at least, March 2024.