Dutch dance company de Stilte focuses entirely on creating and performing non-verbal dance
productions for children. In doing so, the Breda company aims to stimulate children to come up with a
story of their own; the boundless story of the imagination. Under the artistic direction of Jack
Timmermans, productions are created with academically trained dancers. Thanks to a layered quality,
the performances are suitable for young and old. To complete our permanent dancers ensemble we are, effective immediately, looking for a PROFESSIONAL MALE DANCER.
Besides presenting a range of theatre performances, de Stilte also introduces children to the up-close experience of dance as an art form. We are active in pre-school, primary and secondary education.
There we provide custom-made programs: from visiting a theatre show to incidental workshops and
continuous learning lines.
Diversity and inclusion are a spearhead for our company. An open mind, a curiosity about each other’s differences, joining forces and settling boundaries are the foundations of our work. As an organization, de Stilte strives to be a reflection of society. That is why we wholeheartedly endorse the Code for Cultural Diversity.
de Stilte offers:
- Employment for at least 24 hours per week (in consultation);
- A 12 month contract with option for a contract for an indefinite period;
- Salary in accordance with Dutch Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Drama and Dance (scale
- Academically trained as performing dancer;
- You have an affinity with our young audience;
- Preferably three years of experience as a professional dancer;
- Distinctive dance qualities;
- You have an affinity with the company and are comfortable with the vision we propagate;
- You are able to work in a process of growing insight;
- Living in the Breda region (or willing to relocate).
As a dancer at de Stilte, you will be involved in an extensive repertoire of large- and small-scale performances, educational activities and international tours.