Oklahoma City Ballet is holding auditions for the season 2021-22.
- Oklahoma City Ballet
- Oklahoma City, OK
- United States
Sunday, Mar 7, 2021
- At this time only auditioning dancers will be allowed in the Susan E. Brackett Center. No parents or other visitors will be admitted. Temperatures and a health questionnaire will be taken before dancers can enter the building to prepare for the audition.
- Masks are required in the building and during the audition class.
- Please arrive with dance your attire under-dressed as dressing rooms are closed.
- Restrooms are located on the ground floor.
Please read the guidelines below carefully. Videos missing any of these elements will not be considered.
In-person company audition is by invitation only and will be for consideration of a company position. Studio company and trainee positions are selected via the summer intensive so you must attend the summer intensive audition. Please specify your interest in the subject line of your email.
Invited dancers that are unable to attend either date will be handled on a case by case basis.
Video Submission: (Must be a working link, please no dvd submissions)
- Class footage should include the following:
- Barre Work
- Center Adagio
- Right and left turns, En Dehors and En Dedans
- Petite and Grand Allegro to both sides
- Men: double tours to both sides
- Men: turns in second (choose side)
- Women: Fouettes (choose side)
- Contemporary Solo (either in studio or on stage)
- And at least one classical variation (either in studio or on stage)
Videos should be no longer than 15 minutes in length and no older than 1 year. If you have partnering work already filmed or are currently working with a partner you may include this in your submission.
Video submissions are required to attend our open company audition on March 7th.
Videos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your video link, headshot and resume. In the subject line specify either “Company” or “Summer Intensive” (for all other potential positions).