Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet is looking to fill a Professional Division Registrar position.
full time - 40 Hrs/Week
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Arts Administration; an equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a multifaceted, administrative office environment.
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Word, and Adobe PDF.
- Experience and/or interest in the arts and cultural sector an asset.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or a similar relationship management database system an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- First Aid and CPR certification an asset.
- Clear Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Skills and specifications:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline driven with a strong attention to detail.
- Goal oriented with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate the highest level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Effective and positive team member, productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the RWB.
- Solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
The Professional Division Registrar is responsible for student registration, student accounts, student records, and administrative coordination of all Professional Division programming. Providing exceptional and positive customer service to RWB patrons, this position is a member of the School Office team and further provides administrative support to the School Artistic Faculty. This position collaborates with School Administration stakeholders and various RWB service departments to ensure the strategic and business plan objectives of the School are met and programing communications align with RWB brand standards.
This Professional Division Registrar works with standard office equipment and sits for long periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision-making. This position primarily works daytime Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
Administration duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the annual Audition Tour in Winnipeg and on tour as required.
- Plan and implement annual enrollment activities and coordinate student intake, attend Placement Days and other program activation events; ensure appropriate assessment for continual improvement.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records in digital and hard copy, ensuring adherence to privacy legislation.
- Compile various lists for School Artistic Faculty.
- Coordinate written materials such as registration forms, handbooks, and memos.
- Administratively coordinate student assessments, including report card preparation and exam results, as per feedback from School Artistic Faculty.
- Work with various stakeholders to create program and event timelines, including work back schedules
- and deadlines.
- Support students the acquisition of study permits and other applicable immigration in documentation/status.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
- Good initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with various levels of seniority.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-management skills alongside the ability to build and maintain credibility with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
Administrative duties and responsibilities
- Act as the primary communication liaison between the School Office, students, and parents.
- Prepare and send letters on behalf of the School regarding student enrollment and student status.
- Communicate pertinent information such as form submission and payment deadlines via email and phone.
- Provide information and timely support to current and prospective students and parents.
- Ensure regular communication with academic school partners on subjects such as registration forms, report cards, and academic marks.
- Forward concerns raised by students and parents to the School stakeholders at large, as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the General School Email and follow up as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service and establish positive, professional relationships with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Financial and data coordination
- In conjunction with registration activities, create student accounts and ensure all pertinent information is captured.
- Process database transactions such as payments for audition fees, master class fees, tuition, residence fees, academic fees, activity fees, shoes, and physiotherapy; track payment plans, and follow up with non-payment and NSF concerns.
- Process financial assistance, scholarships, and other student support funding in the database.
- Coordinate academic fee transfers; issue invoices and process payments in the database as required.
- Support the Head of School Administration with database configuration and back-end building of new programs and prices.
- Run database reports, analyze data, and share results with key stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Accounting Department in reconciliation of student accounts and issuance of tax receipts.
- Provide front of house and backstage support at performances and events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.