The National Ballet of Canada is currently accepting audition application packages in consideration of the 2021/22 Season.
- Strong classical ballet technique.
- Performing experience with a professional company.
- Toronto, ON
At this time, due to current government restrictions and health and safety protocols, the National Ballet will not host in-person auditions. The National Ballet will contact candidates of interest to discuss timelines and alternatives. We thank all candidates for their effort and application packages.
At this time we will only be responding to candidates of interest.
Auditions are by invitation only. All applicants MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Your application will not be processed unless all the required documents, photos and video links are submitted.
- a video* link (YouTube or Vimeo) with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- a CV (.pdf / .doc / .docx) that includes your email address, postal address, height, date of birth, citizenship, training and performance experience.
- a headshot
- 2-3 dance photos (.pdf) that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Ideally, video work should not be filmed too far away. Performance video is acceptable if of good quality and filmed close-up