Tulsa Ballet is seeking a dynamic leader to provide artistic leadership for our Center for Dance Education.
Primary Purpose: Envision, coordinate and supervise, in concert with the Artistic Director, all artistic facets of the education department of Tulsa Ballet, including but not limited to coordinating and supervising all the activities of the schools’ artistic personnel, implementation of TBCDE curriculum at both campuses, oversight of Tulsa Ballet Trainee program, and managing existing/creating new outreach programs. The School Principal will participate in the recruiting, planning and activities for the school year, will support and coordinate the implementation of such activities and work with the artistic and administrative team to retain the student body throughout the school year, while focusing on expanding it for future years. The School Principal will also supervise and coordinate the year end performances for TBCDE. Responsibilities Include:
- Support the artistic vision and strategic plan of Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. and the vision of the Artistic Director, through the development and growth of Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education (TBCDE) and the fulfillment of its mission and objectives.
- Inspire students to develop a love for the art form by providing loving care within the instruction without compromising or lowering teaching standards. Provide leadership and support for all efforts necessary to foster the continual growth and development of TBCDE in size, scope and efficacy.
- Support and implement recruitment and retention initiatives that ensure the long-term stabilization and growth goals of TBCDE and contribute to the financial stability of Tulsa Ballet, in consultation with the Artistic Director and General Manager.
- Oversee and implement a professional Vaganova-based curriculum and syllabus for all levels of TBCDE in consultation with Company’s Artistic Director.
- Develop and implement schedule of classes, in consultation with TBCDE artistic and administrative staff and Artistic Director, and evaluate and incorporate different dance disciplines to complement ballet curriculum.
- Provide leadership, direction and actively participate in recruitment, screening and development of students through appropriate placement, class assignments, performance opportunities, evaluations and ongoing dialogue with students and parents.
- In collaboration with TBCDE Education Managers and General Manager, develop and implement school policies and procedures for students, faculty and parents.
- Teach daily TBCDE classes.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate the job performance of TBCDE Faculty members to ensure consistency between artistic vision and the actual training of students.
- Consult with the Principal Company Pianist regarding scheduling and evaluations of piano accompanists
- Conceptualize, supervise, coordinate and choreograph selected sections for the End of Year Performances. Assist other Faculty Members in the planning and execution of the end of the year performance.
- Oversee auditions, curriculum and schedule for Pointe to the Future Summer Workshop and any other summer camps or classes.
- Oversee Trainee Program, including recruitment, staffing, schedules, career advisement, performance opportunities, etc. Building relationships with other schools and eligible dancers will be a key role. This may include recruiting at various national and international ballet competitions.
- Oversee and maintain licensing of the Trainee and TBII programs with OBPVS and continue process to achieve SEVP certification.
- Provide artistic and organizational support to other programs of TBCDE and TBII.
- Assist marketing staff with promotion of TBCDE and Tulsa Ballet Theatre as needed, including but not limited to assisting with media interviews and providing support to the marketing staff in all school marketing and PR activities.
- Assist development staff with fundraising for TBCDE and Tulsa Ballet as needed, including but not limited to assisting with presentations/demonstrations, talking with current/prospective donors, and providing support to the development staff in relation to TBCDE fundraising.
- Oversee and participate in the planning and execution of TBCDE Education and Outreach programs including, but not limited to Jack and the Beanstalk, Leaps Ahead, Leaps in Motion, Project Create, Sharing Dance, and after school community programs.
- Ensure all outreach programs meets educator’s expectations and relevant funding requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.