Dancewave is seeking Schools and Community Programs Interns. ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: DANCEWAVE provides access to a community dance experience that encourages individuality and whole-person development throughout New York City and beyond. Through innovative programming we use dance as an expressive vehicle for transformation. Dancewave is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining an inclusive and equitable work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. Dancewave is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values community, teamwork, creativity, understanding, and appreciation. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in dance education and accessible arts programming
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Willing to occasionally travel off-site to observe or assist Dancewave programs/events
- Ability to be flexible and willing to assist in other tasks as assigned