It is the intention and goal of this mentorship program that participants will benefit principally though experience, collaboration, networking, professional development and public exposure, therefore, should not anticipate a lot of financial rewards, especially early on. That said, when profits are generated, they will be shared.
Casting musical theater performers for the The Tierney Ensemble 2019 mentorships.
Composer and Educator Dr. John McDonnell Tierney invites aspiring musical theater performers ages 18-25 and actors aged 30+ to apply for the 2019 Tierney Ensemble. The 2019 Ensemble will perform HUMANITY’S CHILD, at festivals, competitions, “backer’s auditions” in New York City and other venues. Participants will work under the close mentorship of Dr. Tierney and the show’s directorial staff gaining skills and experiences crucial in career development.
- Must be very familiar with the play and the music having read the libretto and the score and listened to the music.
- Must be 18 to 23 years old (singers) with aspirations for a professional career in musical theater.
- Must be exceptionally talented vocalists, able to sing lead and harmony in tune with appropriate expression and good tonal quality.
- Must be capable dancers, able to learn and execute choreography.
- Must be able to function as part of an ensemble, blending vocally and personally.
- Must be willing to assume the protégé role in relation to Dr. Tierney (as mentor).
- Must be able to make the ensemble their primary commitment and ensure availability throughout 2019 as opportunities emerge.
- Must become actively involved in other aspects of production such as social media, marketing, and audience development.