8 week contract paid following the guidelines of the suggested minimum fee for performing artists in Germany
Travel and accommodation in Stuttgart (note: unfortunately not in Berlin)
Collaboration and exchange with a creative team
For the upcoming production, the last part of the trilogy of “herstory” with the working title “interlace”, we are looking for 1 dancer (male or female) to join the artistic team.
“interlace” is a site -specific long durational performance that is inspired by the weaving artist Anni Albers, that was one of the most important female artists at the Bauhaus. She is known as the “philosopher of the art of weaving” and a selection of her writings and notebook sketches will be a source to draw from. The performance deals with threads – literally as well as metaphorically – made of different materials. It will be a duo performed and created by Eva Baumann and the person we are looking for. The choreography will develop through a dialogue of the body with installation objects that will be built by the architect and visual artist Anna Kubelik and music by sound artist Michael Tuttle. The audience will be walking and sitting around during the 6 hours long performance, coming and leaving whenever they want.
interlace will premier at the Landesmuseum in Stuttgart. Further performances at other venues are planned for 2020.
- 7 years + working experience
- Versatile dance technique/ style and experience in movement research is mandatory
- Partnering skills, musicality
- Creativity and curiosity to contribute to the artistic process
- Physical endurance to perform 6 hours in a row whilst maintaining stage presence
- Available for all rehearsals and performances
- Preferably based in Berlin