£21,000 - £25,329 per annum (pro rata) dependent upon experience, plus per diems and accommodation whilst on tour. You will be a full PAYE employee, on a fixed term contract, with 28 days paid holiday per year (pro rata)
International touring dance-circus company, Motionhouse are looking for two new female company members to join our extraordinary team of talented performers.
We are interested in expanding the parameters of dance to absorb other disciplines. We are looking for versatile dancers with strong contemporary dance technique and contact skills who are interested in innovating in performance through developing new skills including acrobatic and circus techniques such as hand-to-hand and aerial.
As a Motionhouse artist, you will be part of the creation of new work, touring nationally and internationally from our base in Leamington Spa. We work in theatres and in the streets in the heart of communities, across a range of scales. We work hard, our schedule is intense. You need to be a brave team player, open to new experiences and willing to learn. In return, we offer you the chance to perform to and inspire more than 80,000 people each year and to be part of a leading UK dance company.
- 3 years’ vocational training and subsequent performance experience
- A high standard of contemporary dance technique with excellent partnering skills
- Excellent fitness, stamina and strength
- Courage and willingness to experiment
- Strong sense of performance and theatricality
- An interest in developing Acrobatic, circus and physical theatre skills
- A good team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to cope with a busy schedule
- Permission to work legally in the UK with relevant visas or work permits
- Willing to relocate to Leamington Spa or nearby location