The Radio City Rockettes are conducting the first-ever search for an official artistic director.
- An accomplished and strong producer who extensively knows the dance community, both nationally and internationally.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- A passion for and understanding of precision dance and the Rockettes.
- Minimum 7 years professional dance performance experience including a highly skilled choreographer, teacher and coach.
- Prior creative direction or artistic direction experience at an institution is a plusA proven ability to maintain high artistic standards and work collaboratively with other artists and administrators.
- An understanding of professional company operations including show planning, financial, marketing and PR issues and management in a matrixed organization.
- Exemplary work ethic, alignment with MSG values and the ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize as new situations and initiatives arise on short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience.
- Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.