The prize. The winning project will receive production support for the 2019/2020 season, as follows:
- Artistic Residence within “PERIFERIE ARTISTICHE” - Multidisciplinary Residences Centre of Lazio Region at the Tuscania Supercinema for a total of 15 days. The residence must take place between January-June 2020
- A financial contribution of € 1,200 minimum to a maximum of € 7,000 gross, depending on the number of artists involved in the project. All participating artists are obliged to submit the relevant National Insurance certificates for the 15 days of residence.
- The figure of a tutor during the residence. This role may be chosen by the artist and can be a dramaturg, choreographer, technician, etc.
- A performance through Twain Dance Production Centre during the 2020 theatre season, with a performance fee of € 1,000 gross.
- A performance during the Tendance Festival 2020 with a performance fee of € 1,000 gross to be agreed with the Artistic Direction of the Festival.
TWAIN - Dance Production Centre of Lazio Region (Italy) are now accepting applications for their 2019 Residency Program for artists under 35. The award will also provide a contribution towards production and distribution.
Who can apply?
Italian artists and artists from wider Europe under 35 can apply. All applicants must be under 35 by the 31 December 2019. In the case of group and collaborative applications, 2/3 of the group must be under 35.
Any projects related to contemporary dance are allowed. Projects can be in rehearsal or development or setting-up but must not have been previously produced.
Up to 6 projects will be selected for presentation. They must be no less than 5 minutes and no more than 15 minutes in length. Projects will be presented to a panel of experts at the Supercinema of Tuscania (VT) on June 15, 2019. The evening of June 16, 2019 will be open to the public and the winner will be announced. The finalists will receive expenses, hospitality and technical support.