Last month, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival announced the 'Chance to Dance' contest, allowing online viewers to select their favorite artists for a chance to perform on July 21, 2017 during Jacob's Pillow's 85th Anniversary Season.
The six final companies were...
- J9 Dance, a street fusion company
- Breton Follies, a cabaret group
- Alina Sokulska, a jazz dancer
- Barkha Dance Company, a classical Indian Kathak company
- DNA, a ballroom duo
- Samuel Samways, a choreographer from Brazil
And the winner is...
Samuel Samways! He is currently a dance researcher and resident choreographer at Cefart, an art institution, focusing on developing a technique that combines pair dancing and contemporary social dance.