Master Teacher, Choreographer & Performer, Alex Little draws on 20+ years of experience as a classically trained jazz & modern dancer to inspire her artistic endeavors. Whether performing on stage, instructing in the classroom, or choreographing, Alex continues to explore, create and share through this limitless art form.
A native of Seattle, Washington, Alex is now based in Los Angeles, where she teaches at Edge Performing Arts Center and the Young Americans College of Performing Arts. She’s had incredible artistic opportunities & experiences both locally and abroad that have continued to allow her visions to flourish in her classes and choreography. Alex performed and taught on three international tours with the Young Americans; two of which she directed. She has worked with renowned artists like Mandy Moore, Doug Caldwell, Terry Beeman, Rhonda Miller, Jessica Hendricks, Cody Green, (Emmy award winner) Mark Waters, Michael Curry Design, figure skater Amber Corwin, and more. She was the subject of a feature article published in August 2005’s Dance Spirit Magazine “Alexandra the Great”. Alex has been on the Master faculty of the International dance festival DANCE EXCELLENCE! and the Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop, both for 8 years, and she travels around the continent for private workshops & intensives year round. In 2008 Cornish College of the Arts commissioned her to set an extended version of her “Close but no Cigar” on their students for their concert series. Alex continues to perform with Interweave Dance Theater, Revelations Professional Co and numerous other outlets.
Some Career Highlights include:
* Cornish College of the Arts: Guest Choreographer, premiering a piece entitled “Close, But No Cigar” for Cornish Dance Theater.
* The Young American: 3 years Performing & Teaching. International Outreach Tours, Directing two of her three tours
* Michael Curry Design’s Head Choreographer (2 yrs) & Featured Performer (4 yrs) for the L.A. Tarbell Reality Awards, full length original productions including dancers, actors, singers, in-line skaters, and larger than life puppets
* Knott’s Berry Farm’s Guest Choreographer for It’s Christmas, Snoopy and The World According to Snoopy, both full production figure skating shows
* The Radio Hour with the Young Americans Television Special, Assistant Choreographer and featured Performer
* National Ladies Figure Skating Championship (2005). Choreographic styling in the Fosse genre for Amber Corwin’s “short program”
* The GiGi Girls, Las Vegas, choreography to assist their vocals in a cabaret-themed show.
* Dance Excellence! Faculty (10 years), Master Teacher & Assistant Coordinator for the annual International Dance Festival
* L.A. Dance Source: Master Teacher & Assistant Coordinator of the annual Dance Team Convention
* The Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop: Faculty (7 yrs), Teacher & Choreographer for the annual summer camp
* Interweave Dance Theater, company member (7 yrs) of the Colorado-based dance company