Effective date: May 8, 2021
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- Legal Bases for Processing This Information
- How Your Information Is Shared
- How We Protect Your Information
- How Long We Keep Your Information
- Your Choices and Your Rights
- Deleting Your DancePlug Account
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
DancePlug may collect the following information from or about you, including personal information, from the following sources:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, when registering or making a purchase on the Website, signing up to our newsletter, filling out your online profile or a survey, or contacting us. Information you provide may include your name, e-mail address, billing information (credit or debit card number, card expiration date, card CVV security code, billing address), phone number, and other information you knowingly choose to disclose to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information when you interact with our Website, use our Services, or view DancePlug advertising outside of the Website. This information includes:
When you use DancePlug, you may set up your talent profile, perform searches and queries, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. When you update information, we may keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
- your activity on the Website, such as content you view or save (such as video tutorials), and page views;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies. We store certain information from your browser using “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer or device, by your web browser. For example, we use session ID cookies to confirm that you are logged in. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Website. This cookie lasts 21 days, after which you will need to enter your login ID again.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package;
- Identify if you are signed in to the Website;
- Test content on the Website;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Recognize when you return to the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. In order to use the Website, you must accept cookies. You will be prompted at the beginning of your session to accept cookies. You may withdraw consent by deleting cookies from your browser settings at any time. Furthermore, you can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on the Services.
Other similar technologies. We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and help you see and find our Services. To survey our advertising, we use Facebook Pixel, a small snippet of code integrated on the Website. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to the DancePlug website by clicking on one of our Facebook Ad. We are thus able to record the efficacy of our Facebook Ads for statistical and market research purposes.
Information From Other Sources
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of DancePlug accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest based and online advertising related data.
2. How We Use The Information We Collect
Use in General
We use the information we collect from you or about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services: this includes allowing you to log in to the Website and access content on the Website;
- to process transactions and manage billing accounts: this includes sending you notices about your account and subscriptions (such as transactions, expiration, and renewals), resolving disputes, and responding to your enquiries in regards to payments;
- to communicate with you: this includes providing you with customer support and responding to your requests, sending periodic emails and announcements (Please note you may unsubscribe from these emails)
- to improve our Services: this include identifying and repairing errors, receiving feedback and analyzing our audience to understand our Users better;
- to promote and drive engagement to the Services: this includes administering a contest, promotion, or other site feature;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
Use of Payment Information
We will use your payment or credit card information in order for our payment vendor to process purchases. This includes your name, payment or credit card number, expiration date, billing address, and authentication codes or related information as needed to authorize the charge and complete the transaction. Credit card data is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (“SSL”) line.
3. Legal Bases for Processing This Information
We may process the collected information if one of the following applies:
- you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. Under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of information is subject to European data protection law;
- it is is necessary in order to take steps that you have requested prior to using the Services;
- it is necessary to provide you with the Services and fulfill our obligations to you under our Terms of Service;
- it is in our legitimate interests to provide a useful Service, to send you marketing and to enhance our Service via research and development (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your information);
- it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- it is required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- it is reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of DancePlug, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
4. How Your Information Is Shared
Information You Publicly Share
Public talent profile. When you register or re-register with the Services, you have the option of creating a talent profile, which can display your name, photos, linked videos and social media links (“User Content” as defined in our Terms of Service). Your talent profile will be publicly discoverable across the world wide web. You can disable your talent profile from your settings.
Posting a listing. When you post an audition, job, or event, the notice may contain personally identifiable information. By posting a listing on the Website, you consent to share the contents of the listing with other DancePlug users and non-users, as well as make the contents of your listing publicly discoverable across the world wide web.
Other parties designated by you. You may share your information with other parties designated by you. For example, when you send your talent profile to an entity. You post User Content on the Website at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content. Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on the Website is a violation of the DancePlug Terms of Service and should be reported.
With Whom We Share Your Information
Within the DancePlug company
We share and give access to personal information to our employees and agents in the course of operating our businesses.
With Third Parties
When required by law or when necessary to protect your or our rights. In some instances, we may disclose information from or about you without providing you a choice. For example, we may disclose your information in the following ways: to protect the legal rights of DancePlug and our affiliates or partners; to protect the safety and security of users of the Services or third parties; to enforce our Terms of Service; to protect against fraud; and to comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented the following measures to protect and safeguard your personal information:
- limiting the amount of personal information that we collect to strictly necessary only;
- using ssl or other secure connection technologies when receiving or sending personal information beyond internal networks;
- destroying the personal information that we no longer need;
- screening all employees with access to personal information;
- requiring our employees to sign confidentiality agreements;
- maintaining up to date software and safeguards.
Despite these efforts, please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while DancePlug strives to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you voluntarily give to us.
Users should also be aware of how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure channels. Please refer to the US Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Your information collected by DancePlug will be stored and processed in California, United States.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Your Choices and Your Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information. In this case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it. You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal information.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Website and our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register, purchase products or services, participate in a survey, event, or promotion, ask a question, or initiate or engage in other transactions on the Website or through our Services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint before the competent data protection authority.
When you register on the Website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about new content releases (such as class tutorial, articles, upcoming auditions), service updates and improvements, special offers, or other news. At any time you can choose to no longer receive such promotional communications from DancePlug by accessing your account and disabling “Receive our weekly newsletter” or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from DancePlug, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a preference you can set on your browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. To determine whether any of the third-party services the Website uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
How to Exercise These Rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to DancePlug through the contact details provided in this document. These requests will be addressed by DancePlug as early as possible and always within one month. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before we can exercise any of these rights.
Additional Rights For Certain Jurisdictions
Based on where you reside, you may have additional rights with regard to your personal information. If you are a resident of the state of California, the state of Nevada, Canada, EEA/UE, United Kingdom, Switzerland, or Brazil, click here for more information on rights that may pertain to you.
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to subscribe to DancePlug services. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent, legal guardian or teacher. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for the protection of their children's privacy.
Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond to that child to inform them that they cannot use this Website.
Children Under Age 13
The use of the Services and Website is reserved to persons over 13 years of age. DancePlug does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register for DancePlug or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on DancePlug. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Deleting Your DancePlug Account
You can stop your DancePlug paid subscription directly from your account billing settings, however if you wish to cancel your account, you will need to send us a request via our support page with “Cancel account” in the subject line. When your DancePlug account is cancelled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of your personally identifiable information is placed in “deactivated” status. You should know that deactivation of your account does not mean your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. A deactivated account may be re-activated at a later date, retaining the same information it contained upon deactivation.
You may request for your DancePlug account to be deleted rather than deactivated/cancelled, by sending us a request via our support page with “Delete full account” in the subject line. Please note that, after your account is deleted, we may retain some information from or about you in accordance with applicable law, including for various legal, operational, accounting, and auditing purposes. If you wish to use our service again, after your account has been deleted, you will need to create a brand new account.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of your consent, we shall collect new consent from you, where required.
You may lodge a complaint with us by contacting the person accountable and responsible for our privacy practices and procedures at the contact information above.